DJ Hip Hop Blog

DJ Hip Hop Blog
The Latest News, Music & More!

Interview w/ Casie Lane



What is your name?
I'm Casie Lane

Where are u from?
Originally from USA living in Singapore

When did you start Dj'ing?
First beatmach ever 2001, first proper gig 2005

Who were some of your Dj influences?
I've always had a great respect for Chicago DJs; Derrick Carter, Honey Dijon, Miles Maeda, Mark Farina but I've also found great influence from watching so many great scratch DJs while I worked with a booking agency. It's a complete trip to stand behind the booth with these men and women who can work some wax. 

What are some of your accomplishments?
Every night when I get to see people truly enjoying themselves, these are the moments I hold close to my soul. But my goals with my career are pretty much set and I'm living exactly what I want. I get to DJ at one of the most beautiful and iconic views in South East Asia playing the music I love and meet brilliant people from around the globe every week. It allows me to be home every day with my young daughters and be a pretty kick-ass wife. 

I want every DJ to have this, this freedom, this feeling of "yes, I'm here!"

What do you think of the Dj game in todays world?
I think there are a lot of positives in terms of how underground music is flipping the music industry on it's head. Kind of like how the 80s did with hip-hop. What I'm hoping is that there will be more collaborations and innovation to push our passions and careers into the next decade of dance. 

Whats your opinion on mixtape djs vs turntable djs?
I thin it's a debate that I have no interest in. Music isn't a competition and it should unify. The music industry has been telling us lies for way to long, it's time for DJs and artists to take back what it theirs and create a tribe of success. It's never any fun to celebrate success by yourself. 

What 5 songs are currently in your mix?
DJ Nature - Let it Ring
Andy Hart - The Same for Me
Mike Grant - The Struggle of My People (Mr. G's There's Hope Mix)
Brame & Hamo - Hotshot
José James - Love (Ben Westbeech Remix)

What projects are you currently working on?
I have been working on a start-up for the past year and it's pretty exciting. At Deejaypreneur we teach all the things after you have perfected your craft. You won't see us talking about gear or how to DJ. We want to teach you how to make money from it. Simple. Yet. I really believe that The Deejaypreneur is not for everyone. If you're stuck in the past and old-school thoughts about how the music industry is, then we are not for you. If you want a quick fix solution to your career, we are not for you. But if you want to really give your craft the attention it deserves and give yourself a life you deserve while making some good money while DJing, then we welcome you with open arms. Our membership program offers over 30+ trainings, templates and email swipe copy that is proven effective and the content grows weekly. We are dedicated to bringing exactly what our crew needs instead of assuming they need one training over another. They ask, we deliver.

How do people book you?
They usually send me an email or message to see if I'm free for their dates. 


For More Info Visit:

http://www.thedeejaypreneur.com
http://www.facebook.com/thedeejaypreneur
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaNGNwNFeTBbH_bZlUVSjcg

Leave a Reply